In this episode of the Cloudscape podcast, we are joined by AWS expert Greg Baker and Microsoft Azure expert Warner Chaves. We will be doing the usual round-up of the latest developments from the cloud vendors and filling you in on everything you need to know. This month we are missing a representative from GCP so will just be switching between news from Azure and AWS.
We start off the discussion with Greg talking about Lifecycle Management on AWS. From there, Warner explains Azure’s new instant data movement before we break down AWS’s Snowball Edge and Storage Gateway. We also hear about Microsoft’s Data Lake and Firewall and Warner fills us in on the newest things around IoT Edge. We round up chatting about Amazon CloudTrail and the Free Tier Widget that is now available. For all this and much more be sure to tune and get it all!
Key points from this episode:
• Some information on the upcoming AWS re:Invent 2018 event.
• The new Lifecycle Management of snapshots on AWS.
• Microsoft’s new instant data movement from data warehouses.
• Amazon’s Snowball Edge device and how it can help people out in the field.
• Azure’s Data Lake and how it relates to Blob Storage.
• The recent quality of life improvements Amazon has made Storage Gateway.
• A preview of AWS Bring Your Own IP rollout.
• Information on Azure’s new Firewall.
• Azure’s latest with regards to DNS SLA.
• A new feature from AWS in the Elastic Load Balancers.
• Azure’s latest with regards to IoT Edge.
• Microsoft Azure new container updates.
• The brand new AWS’ Free Tier Widget.
• Cloud monetization and Azure’s Virtual Win in preview.
• The convenient feature that Azure is offering through File Sync.
• A new way to use Amazon CloudTrail and MQ.
• And much more!
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
AWS re:Invent 2018
AWS Snowball Edge
Azure Data Lake
AWS Storage Gateway
AWS Bring Your Own IP
AWS Elastic Load Balancer
AWS Free Tier Widget
Azure Site Recovery
Interested in working with Chris? Schedule a tech call.