Episode 58 Shownotes
Welcome to another episode of the Datascape Podcast. In today’s episode, Brazilian native Felipe Ferreira joins us from Canada to delve into gaming data technology and analytics. Felipe has extensive experience in development, database administration, business intelligence, and consulting. As a data engineer at Electronic Arts (EA), he collects telemetry from EA’s development framework and analyzes the Frostbite gaming engine.
Together, Felipe and I discuss various topics, including machine learning and analytics in gaming, intelligent matchmaking, skill sets, and accelerating career development. Tune in to learn more.
Key Points From this Episode
- Introduction of today’s topic: analytics in gaming.
- Felipe introduces himself and outlines his professional background.
- Felipe talks about his work at EA as a data engineer.
- The hosts discuss the implications of machine learning and analytics in gaming.
- The hosts examine use cases for intelligent matchmaking.
- The hosts break down the best choices for building games from scratch.
- Felipe describes his favorite gaming pieces and tools.
- The hosts discuss career development and training.
- The hosts share their list of skills for becoming a better data engineer.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
- Warner Chaves on LinkedIn
- Warner Chaves on Twitter
- Synapse Analytics
Want to talk with an expert? Schedule a call with our team to get the conversation started.