Episode 55 Shownotes
Welcome to another episode of the Datascape Podcast. In today’s show, Simon Pane talks about what database security will look like in 2022.
Together the hosts discuss various topics, including the current state of enterprise database security, customer issues and reservations toward cybersecurity, organizational risk aversion and leadership, different technologies and their capabilities, and much more.
Tune in to find out about these topics and learn more.
Key Points From This Episode
- Introduction of today’s topic: the state of database security.
- Simon Pane introduces himself.
- The hosts discuss database security and vendor roles.
- Simon describes private enterprise security vs. government agency security.
- Simon shares his opinion on database security responsibilities from a customer perspective.
- Simon outlines common customer beliefs that can weaken their security posture.
- Simon talks about the role of organizational leadership.
- Simon talks about bad actors, false positives and corrupt data.
- The hosts discuss ransomware, OCI, Azure and GDPR.
- Simon describes his reservations with blockchain tables.
- Simon explains why Oracle security with containerization is more secure than within SQL service.
- The hosts break down the pros and cons of various technologies.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode