Episode 59 Shownotes
Welcome to another episode of the Datascape Podcast. Cloud consultant Megha Bedi joins us from Meerut (near New Delhi) to discuss Google Cloud migrations and architecture. Megha’s impressive track record includes data and cloud project management, data engineering and visualization, and storage and compute engine, and her main responsibilities today include modernizing and building enterprise data platforms and cloud-based solutions for Pythian customers.
In this episode, we chat about these and other topics, including various cloud and data warehousing technologies, career development, and the flexibility of working from home. Join us to listen in and get her take on these topics and more.
Key Points From this Episode
- Introduction of today’s topic: Google cloud migrations and BigQuery.
- Megha takes us through her career path, from college to software engineering and cloud consulting.
- Megha outlines her first Google Cloud project and how she upgraded her skills and knowledge.
- Megha discusses how she stays up-to-date with today’s technologies.
- The hosts discuss Google architect certification and professional development.
- Megha outlines the differences between architecture solutions and engineering, as well as her recent certification as an AWS Solutions Architect.
- The hosts discuss the differences between AWS, GCP CLI, BigQuery, Redshift, and S3, including their learning curves.
- Megha discusses enterprise digital transformation and reasons for moving to the cloud.
- The hosts discuss data ingestion, transformation, and visualization.
- Megha outlines the pros and cons of BigQuery, as well as its functionalities.
- Megha explains how Dremel and BigQuery work together, as well as query performance.
- Megha explains Bolt’s role in architecture.
- The hosts discuss other technologies, including Redshift, Athena, Oracle, and SQL.
- The hosts discuss working from home vs. from the office.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
- Warner Chaves on LinkedIn
- Warner Chaves on Twitter
- GCP Professional Cloud Architect Certification Guide
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect—Associate