Episode 62 Shownotes
Welcome to another episode of the Datascape Podcast. In this episode, Pythian CTO Paul Lewis talks about technological challenges in the post-COVID-19 era, the state of enterprise architecture, the organizational landscape, cloud innovation, and more.
Tune in to this information-packed episode to hear more.
Key Points From this Episode
- Introduction of today’s topic: post-COVID-19 IT, enterprise architecture, and Data Mesh.
- Paul outlines his background and experience.
- Paul describes the differences between IT in conglomerates vs. smaller companies.
- The hosts discuss remote working in IT staff after COVID-19.
- Paul outlines the challenges of retaining creativity and collaboration post-pandemic.
- Paul talks about changes in cultural impact and productivity when working from the office vs. virtually.
- The hosts discuss organizational tech priorities after COVID-19, as well as service delivery and security expectations.
- The hosts discuss cloud implementation and expectations during and after the pandemic.
- The hosts break down the challenges and costs of investing in legacy systems.
- The hosts discuss prevailing beliefs about moving to the cloud.
- Paul talks about cloud security in complex security models.
- The hosts discuss various topics, including private cloud, virtualization, cloud IaaS, and PaaS, balancing innovation and risk, governance, and blockchain.
- Paul shares his thoughts on Data Mesh architecture and its practicality.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode