On today’s show, we welcome back Warner Chaves. Warner is here to fill us in on Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services (as well as related updates from Microsoft Build).
In our discussion, we will be covering everything you need to know about the APIs – from the basics to some of the specific functions of the separate services that the bundle contains. Warner breaks down the vision, knowledge, language, speech and search services and explains how each service works and how they can be applied to use cases. We also discuss their potential uses and how you can get started using them.
Key Points From This Episode:
- A brief introductory definition of Microsoft’s Cognitive Services.
- How these services are tied to Azure subscriptions.
- A run-through of the vision services that are included.
- Use cases and limitations of the video indexer.
- Understanding the knowledge service and how it analyzes text.
- Using the service to convert text to formats such as a Q & A.
- Utilizing the knowledge API for large, text-heavy policies.
- How the language API service can be used to translate.
- Azure’s speech service and the audio component.
- The search service and how it integrates with Bing.
- A look at some of the competitors in the market.
- Getting started with the Cognitive Services as a beginner.
- Some of the ways these kinds of services can aid businesses.
- The speed and reaction time of the services currently.
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Interested in working with Chris? Schedule a tech call.