We have incident reporting procedures at Pythian. This incident report was sent just recently internally at Pythian. We learned some good lessons from it so I hope it would be useful to the community as well – copying it below as is…
As part of our incident management process, you will find below a summary of the details from the incident that occurred on July 29th at 3PM EDT.
– Pythian employees were de-motivated by the lack of refreshments on Friday afternoon
– Bruce didn’t get his beer and had a bad start to his vacation
– New hire and Buddy did not replenish the fridge prior to the 3PM deadline and only brought what was available – wine and a few wimpy drinks.
– BORG presentation may need to be updated to inform Buddy that they need to do a beer run
Sequence of Events:
– Approx Friday 3PM EDT, Igor (new hire) and Bill (buddy) came by with a cartful of nothing – no beer :-(
– Approx. 3:01PM EDT Bruce shook new employee’s hand and admonished the Buddy for lack of planning/oversight
– Bruce didn’t get his beer and had to continue working with dry mouth
– Wrote up a report so this travesty would not recur
– Buddies to be trained on buying beer
– BORG presentations to be updated to inform Buddies to buy the beer
Please respond to this notification with your preferred time frame for follow-up
– Today Jul 29th
– Tomorrow Jul 30th
– Friday Aug 5th 3PM in time for the next beer run!
PS: BORG stands for Bringing On-board Recruited Gurus – our new employees on-boarding program.
PPS: the impact was severilly understated. For example, I didn’t get my Guinness and left the office early on Friday – it wasn’t even 5pm!