This Log Buffer Edition covers various blog posts from the last week regarding Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Merging Overlapping Date Ranges with MATCH_RECOGNIZE
- The latest version of Enterprise Manager, EM 126.96.36.199, has been announced!
- Kdump is the Linux kernel crash-dump mechanism. In the event of a server crash, Kdump creates a memory image (vmcore) that can help in determining the cause of the crash.
- APEX Connect Presentation and Download of the sample application
- One of my favorite feature of ZFS is the I/O aggregation done in the final stage of issuing I/Os to devices.
- Reusing T-SQL Code is catching on.
- SELECT INTO vs INSERT INTO on Columnstore
- SQL Monitor Custom Metric: WriteLog wait time
- Query Performance Tuning – A Methodical Approach
- How to Get SQL Server Dates and Times Horribly Wrong
- Hash-based workarounds for MySQL unique constraint limitations
- Replicate MySQL to Amazon Redshift with Tungsten: The good, the bad & the ugly
- Indexing MySQL JSON Data
- Improving the Performance of MySQL on Windows
- Auditing MySQL with McAfee and MongoDB
Interested in working with Fahd? Schedule a tech call.