This Log Buffer Edition cuts through the crowd and picks some of the outstanding blog posts from Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Continuous Delivery (CD) is a software engineering approach in which teams keep producing valuable software in short cycles and ensure that the software can be reliably released at any time.
- Query existing HBase tables with SQL using Apache Phoenix.
- Even though WebLogic with Active GridlLink are Oracle’s suggested approach to deploy Java applications that use Oracle Real Applications Clusters (RAC), there might be scenarios in which you can’t make that choice (e.g. certification issues, licensing, library dependency, etc.).
- OSB & MTOM: When to use Include Binary Data by Reference or Value.
- Ever used SoapUI to test services on multiple environments? Then you probably ran in to the job of ever changing the endpoints to the hosts of the particular environment; development, test, acceptance, production (although I expect you wouldn’t use SoapUI against a prod-env). This is not that hard if you have only one service endpoint in the project.
- Using DAX to create SSRS reports: The Basics.
- Getting to know your customers better – cohort analysis and RFM segmentation in R.
- Using the T-SQL PERCENTILE Analytic Functions in SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008.
- Schema-Based Access Control for SQL Server Databases.
- How to Fix a Corrupt MSDB SQL Server Database.
- MySQL Enterprise Audit – parsing audit information from log files, inserting into a MySQL table.
- Proposal to deprecate MySQL INTEGER display width and ZEROFILL.
- Using Cgroups to Limit MySQL and MongoDB memory usage.
- Slave election is a popular HA architecture, first MySQL MariaDB toolkit to manage switchover and failover in a correct way was introduce by Yoshinori Matsunobu into MHA.
- Setting up environments, starting processes, and monitoring these processes on multiple machines can be time consuming and error prone.
Learn more about Pythian’s expertise in Oracle , SQL Server & MySQL, as well as the author Fahd Mirza.
Want to talk with an expert? Schedule a call with our team to get the conversation started.