This Log Buffer is dedicated to the top quality news from the arena of Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- We had a question on AskTom the other day, asking us to explain what a “latch” was.
- Jonathan Lewis thinks column groups can be amazingly useful in helping the optimizer to generate good execution plans because of the way they supply better details about cardinality.
- Today it’s all about developing software that makes access to your product easier.
- Steve Jobs sets a great perspective on the journey of simplicity. It starts from simple, goes through complexity and ends up in simplicity.
- AWR period comparison is pretty easy if you have access to the two periods in the same AWR repository.
- Understanding Peer-to-Peer Transactional Replication, Part 2.
- Knee-Jerk Wait Statistics : PAGELATCH.
- Stairway to Columnstore Indexes Level 5: Adding New Data To Columnstore Indexes.
- SQL Server Reporting Services General Best Practices.
- Hello Azure: Azure IaaS – Getting Started.
- A Skills Roadmap for DBAs in the Cloud Era.
- MySQL Performance: 1M QPS on mixed OLTP_RO with MySQL 5.7 GA.
- Deploying MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL & MariaDB’s MaxScale in 40min.
- ClusterControl Tips & Tricks: wtmp Log Rotation Settings for Sudo User.
- Setting-up second mysql instance & replication on Linux in 10 steps.
- s9s Tools and Resources: ‘Become a MySQL DBA’ series, ClusterControl 1.2.11 release, and more!
Interested in working with Fahd? Schedule a tech call.