This week, the Log Buffer Edition digs deep into the world of Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL and brings you some of the best blog posts around.
- Regardless of what type of industry or business you are involved in, the bottom-line goal is to optimize sales; and that involves replacing any archaic tech processes with cutting-edge technology and substituting any existing chaos with results-driven clarity.
- Oracle Private Cloud Appliance 2.1.1 Released.
- Every version of the optimizer enhances existing mechanisms and introduces new features, while 12c has introduced some of the most sophisticated transformation to date.
- PLSQL, syslog and the story of Bolas spiders.
- Here is why you need to be super careful when using LOB’s within triggers.
- Phil Factor talks about late in the day for a DBA.
- This article details SMKs, DMKs and certificates in SQL Server as they relate to Transparent Data Encryption and Encrypted Backups.
- In traditional relational schema there can be a lot of one-to-many relationships (e.g. Person may have several phones, or several email addresses).
- Building Apps for Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2015.
- The GA of System Center Configuration Manager 1511.
- rows_examined_per_scan, rows_produced_per_join: EXPLAIN FORMAT=JSON answers on question “What number of filtered rows mean?”.
- Secure communications is a core component of a robust security policy, and MySQL Server 5.7.10 – the first maintenance release of MySQL Server 5.7 – introduces needed improvements in this area.
- MariaDB 5.5.47 and updated connectors now available.
- Google Cloud SQL is a fully managed database service that makes it easy to set-up, maintain, manage, and administer your relational MySQL databases in the cloud. Cloud SQL allows you to focus on your applications rather than administering your databases.
- A long time ago, libmysqlclient came in two versions: one that was thread safe and one that wasn’t. But that was a long time ago. Since MySQL 5.5, the thread safe libmysqlclient_r library has just been a symlink to the libmysqlclient library, which has been thread safe at least since then.
Interested in working with Fahd? Schedule a tech call.