Today’s blog post completes our three-part series with excerpts from our latest white paper, Microsoft Hadoop: Taming the Big Challenge of Big Data. In the first two posts, we discussed the impact of big data on today’s organizations, and its challenges.
Today, we’ll be sharing what organizations can accomplish by using the Microsoft Hadoop solution:
- Improve agility. Because companies now have the ability to collect and analyze data essentially in real time, they can more quickly discover which business strategies are working and which are not, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Increase innovation. By integrating structured and unstructured data sources, the solution provides decision makers with greater insight into all the factors affecting the business and encouraging new ways of thinking about opportunities and challenges.
- Reduce inefficiencies. Data that currently resides in conventional data management systems can be migrated into Parallel Data Warehouse (PDW) for faster information delivery
- Better allocate IT resources. The Microsoft Hadoop solution includes a powerful, intuitive interface for installing, configuring, and managing the technology, freeing up IT staff to work on projects that provide higher value to the organization.
- Decrease costs. Previously, because of the inability to effectively analyze big data, much of it was dumped into data warehouses on commodity hardware, which is no longer required thanks to Hadoop.
Download our full white paper to learn which companies are currently benefiting from Hadoop, and how you can achieve the maximum ROI from the Microsoft Hadoop solution.
Pythian is a global leader in data consulting and managed services. We specialize in optimizing and managing mission-critical data systems, combining the world’s leading data experts with advanced, secure service delivery. Learn more about Pythian’s Big Data expertise.
Discover more about our expertise in Hadoop.