dbm_configurator.xls is needed to generate databasemachine.xml file, which is needed by OEM 12c to discover an exadata cluster.
Here is a step-by-step process to generate databasemachine.xml file in order to be used with OEM 12c:
1) Get the dbm_configurator70.xls file from /opt/oracle.SupportTools/onecommand directory from the first compute node of Exadata cluster.
2) Get config.dat and dbmachine.params file from /opt/oracle.SupportTools/onecommand directory.
3) Open dbm_configurator70.xls file in Microsoft Excel and enable the ActiveX content and Macros.
4) Make sure that all three files are in one directory and click the import button in the dbm_configurator excel file.
5) Select the dbmachine.params file and click okay. It should populate the fields in your Excel sheet.
6) Ensure that all the values are okay. If they are not, change them and then click on Generate button.
7) This should generate a configuration on the bottom part of your Excel sheet.
8) Review that information, and if it’s fine, click on the Create Config button. It should generate multiple files in your C drive. You will get a pop-up giving you the location of the generated files.
9) databasemachine.xml is one of those generated files, and you can use it with your OEM12c.
Interested in working with Fahd? Schedule a tech call.