There’s a lot of buzz around consolidation nowadays, as well as some fear of change.
You may want to consolidate your SQL Server environments to save on maintenance and license costs, and also potentially on hardware and the size of support team(s).
But what does a consolidation project really entail?
If you search online, you’ll notice everyone is talking about the traditional method of consolidating SQL Server.
But what about cloud options? What about non-traditional ways to consolidate?
What if you could save costs by moving to the cloud? How would you choose the right cloud option for your different databases or instances?
And where do you start? How do you verify the feasibility of consolidating your databases exactly the way you’d like?
Data Platform Virtual Summit 2020
If you’re interested in learning more, you’re welcome to join me as I present at the Data Platform Virtual Summit 2020 (DPS 2020) held online December 2 to 4!
I am very excited to be speaking at DPS 2020. As a 100 percent technical learning event with 200 Breakout Sessions, 30 Training Classes, and 72 hours of non-stop conference sessions, DPS 2020 is the largest online learning event on Microsoft Azure data, analytics and artificial intelligence. Delegates get the recordings at no extra cost, which is quite a wonderful thing. Also, the conference virtual platform looks amazing, take a look:
Here are the details of my session at DPS 2020:
Breakout Session Title: Hey! I Really Need To Save On SQL Server License Costs, Would You Help Me Consolidate?
Abstract: Michelle will talk about consolidation options for SQL Server environments, discuss license cost reduction, cloud alternatives and provide examples from real customers.
Dates: Summit on December 2, 3 and 4 (three days and three nights — 72 hours non-stop).
Pre-cons on November 30 and December 1. Post-cons on December 7 and 8.
Key Highlights of DPS 2020:
- Technology focus: Full stack of Azure Data, SQL Server, advanced analytics, Power BI, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Seven parallel tracks including the new industry solution track.
- 200+ breakout sessions. Get access to recordings at no extra cost.
- Three days and three nights — December 2, 3 and 4 — 72 hours non-stop, round-the-clock, covering all time zones.
- 30 training classes (pre-cons and post-cons). Get class recordings too!
- As always, Microsoft Redmond experts, MVPs and global industry experts are joining us in a big way.
- Wherever you are, whichever time zone, just log-in – live sessions, learning and networking will be going on.
- Learning methodologies include breakout sessions, panel discussions, ask-the-experts and technical round tables – all online in a never-seen-before experience.
- Apart from attending live classes, you also get on-demand access to class recordings, exclusive content from the instructor and a participation certificate.
Use discount code DPSSPEAKER to book your seat at 55 percent off. Book now.
LinkedIn: Data Platform Summit
See you there!
Interested in working with Michelle? Schedule a tech call.