Tag: database upgrade

Database Upgrade Fails With “unexpected error in validate_credentials”

unexpected error

This is a blog post about an issue that can occur during a database upgrade and produces a misleading error message. If you’re already aware of it, the workaround is trivial. However, when it happened to me during the testing…

Read More >

AutoUpgrade: Plug Noarchive Non-CDB Database as Upgraded PDB

The Database AutoUpgrade utility has been slowly developing its capability to cover all possibilities of database upgrades. Recently I’ve tested an upgrade of a database running in NOARCHIVELOG mode using this utility. I added more complications with this testing phase;…

Read More >